"Any family welcoming a new
baby (or babies) into their lives could use a helping hand"
-Denise Dame, Executive Director
our Mailing List
Welcome to Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley!
Good Beginnings is a free, home-visitor program that relies on trained
volunteers to provide support to any family with a new baby. The
concept behind the Good Beginnings home visiting program is simple and
powerful: any family with a new baby can use a helping hand. Good
Beginnings volunteers - like a good friend or neighbor - offer the kind
of flexible support that can make a family's first months with a new
baby healthier and less stressful. Just as important, Good Beginnings
is about celebrating this amazing and joyous experience!
News & Events
- 4/30/13 - Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley is now on Pinterest!
- 10/30/12 - Join us at Chili's in West Lebanon on November 13th and 14th. Bring this coupon and 10% of sales will be donated to Good Beginnings.
- 10/28/12 - We had a great crowd for our Fall Lecture with Vicki Hoefle! If you missed it, or would like to see it again, you can view it online.
- 10/15/12 - RESCHEDULED: The Fall Lecture has been rescheduled for Thursday, October 25th at 7pm in Auditorium G at DHMC. Of course it's still free and open to the public. Join us! "Duct Tape Parenting" - A less is more approach to raising responsible, respectful, and resilient children
- 10/13/12 - UPDATE:Due to a unforseen circumstances, Vicki Hoefle had to postpone her date with us. The Fall Lecture, WILL NOT be held on October 16th! Please stay tuned for further information and a new date.
- 10/12 - Don't forget to join us for the 2012 Dorothy Campion-Corcoran Lecture, "Duct Tape Parenting" - A less is more approach to raising responsible, respectful, and resilient children with Vicki Hoefle of "Parenting on Track." October 16th at 7pm! Free and open to the public.
- 10/12 - Read the Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley Fall 2012 Newsletter online now.
- 9/12 - We had a pediatric resident from DHMC join us for our volunteer meeting this month to discuss the rise of Pertussis in the New Hampshire and Vermont. Often mistaken for the common cold initially, Pertussis evolves into a hard cough with a noticable "whooping" noise on the inhale. Hear what it sounds like and learn more at www.soundsofpertussis.com
- 9/12 - We had a great strategic planning meeting this month. We are all excited for the future and direction of Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley!
- 6/12 - Raising children is perhaps the most complex, challenging task parents will ever face - and, with the right guidance, the most rewarding. Join us for a FREE lecture this fall with Vicki Hoefle of "Parenting on Track." Mark your calenders for October 16th at 7pm!
Learn more -> "Duct Tape Parenting" - A less is more approach to raising responsible, respectful, and resilient children.
- 1/12 - We are
please to welcome two new members to the Board of Directors! Nancy Johnson from Hartland, VT and Sharon Jacques from Lebanon, NH. Both are active volunteers for Good Beginnings and will bring a wealth of insight and first-hand experience to the Board.