"Any family welcoming a new
baby (or babies) into their lives could use a helping hand"
-Denise Dame, Executive Director
our Mailing List
Welcome to Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley!
Good Beginnings is a free, home-visitor program that relies on trained
volunteers to provide support to any family with a new baby. The
concept behind the Good Beginnings home visiting program is simple and
powerful: any family with a new baby can use a helping hand. Good
Beginnings volunteers - like a good friend or neighbor - offer the kind
of flexible support that can make a family's first months with a new
baby healthier and less stressful. Just as important, Good Beginnings
is about celebrating this amazing and joyous experience!
News & Events
- 3/3/14 -
29th Annual MacNamee Memorial Professional Conference Presents: Catherine Steiner-Adair, EdD, "THE BIG DISCONNECT: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age" on April 4, 2014 at The Fireside Inn, West Lebanon, NH. Visit www.dhmtrust.org for further information and to register.
- 2/10/14 -
"Parenting On Track" - Vicki Hoefle, who delivered our Fall Lecture in 2012, is returning to the Upper Valley to run a six week class for parents from March 6-April 10. If you're interested - register early (this class will fill up quickly)! Click here for more information or to register. If you missed the lecture you can view it here.
- 12/21/13 -
Reminder: Our fall lecture with Kim John Payne discussing 'Simplicity Parenting' was a great success, and there was a lot of excitement generated by the talk. For those that missed it, or that want to share it with family and friends, the digital recording of the talk is available online through January 6, and can be viewed here.
- 11/13/13 -
Nuance Gallery at 85 Main Street in Windsor, VT is having an opening reception for a new show: “Good Beginnings: Group Holiday Exhibition” on Saturday, November 16th from 4-6 pm. A portion of the proceeds from this exhibition will be donated to Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley. The show runs through December 24th!
- 11/8/13 - The Fall Lecture with Kim John Payne was a huge success! If you missed it, or would like to see it again, you can view the video online.
- 11/5/13 - We have reached full capacity for the 7th Annual Dorothy Campion-Corcoran Lecture on November 7 and we are no longer taking names for the waiting list. However, the lecture will be recorded and available for viewing through a link on the Good Beginnings' website for 60 days following the lecture. If you have pre-registered for the lecture and cannot attend, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so those on the wait list may attend.
- 11/1/13 - Update on the 7th Annual Dorothy Campion-Corcoran Lecture, Simplicity Parenting, presented by Kim John Payne, MEd. on November 7. Please be advised that seating for this event has reached full capacity. However we are starting a waiting list. If you wish to be added to the waiting list, please send an email to email@example.com, and include your full name, telephone number, how you heard about the event, and the number of people in your party. You will be contacted if there is a change in registration status.
Otherwise, the lecture will be recorded and available for viewing through a link on the Good Beginnings' website for 60 days following the lecture.
- 10/28/13 - Update on the 7th Annual Dorothy Campion-Corcoran Lecture, Simplicity Parenting, presented by Kim John Payne, MEd. on November 7. Please be advised that seating for this event is near full capacity, and we are taking pre-registration on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you wish to pre-register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your full name, telephone number, how you heard about the event, and the number of people in your party. Click here for more information.
- 8/28/13 - Registration is now open for the Good Beginnings fall lecture! November 7th at 6:30 pm - John Payne will speak on "Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less To Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids". Register here.
- 8/20/13 - SAVE THE DATE! Join us for a FREE lecture this fall featuring Kim John Payne who will speak on "Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less
To Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids".
Mark your calenders for November 7th at 6:30pm! Learn more.
- 7/2/13 - ZERO TO THREE, in partnership with more than a dozen national organizations, is hosting a virtual baby rally, Rally4Babies: Learning Happens from the Start on July 8th from 2-2:30. The event is designed to spark a national conversation on ensuring that high-quality early learning opportunities for babies remains a priority. For more information visit: rally4babies.org/virtual-rally/.
- 4/30/13 - Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley is now on Pinterest!