our Mailing List
Welcome to Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley!
Good Beginnings is a free, home-visitor program that relies on trained
volunteers to provide support to any family with a new baby. The
concept behind the Good Beginnings home visiting program is simple and
powerful: any family with a new baby can use a helping hand. Good
Beginnings volunteers - like a good friend or neighbor - offer the kind
of flexible support that can make a family's first months with a new
baby healthier and less stressful. Just as important, Good Beginnings
is about celebrating this amazing and joyous experience!
News & Events
- 10/6/14 -
The Fall Lecture, "Beyond Bossing, Begging, and Bribing," with Jeanine Fitzgerald was a huge success! If you missed it, or would like to see it again, you can view the video online.
- 9/22/14 -
Thank you so much to Erma and her fellow quilters from Northern Lights Quilt Guild who recently donated 18 quilts to Good Beginnings!
"Beyond Bossing, Begging, and Bribing" - Please join us for the 8th Annual Dorothy Campion-Corcoran Lecture on October 1st at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. Click here for more information.
Save the Date! The 8th Annual Dorothy Campion-Corcoran Lecture will be October 1st. Jeanine Fitzgerald is the featured speaker and will present 'Bossing, Begging and Bribing'.
- 5/20/14 -
May 22 is NH Nonprofit Sector Day! Governor Hassan has signed a proclamation making Thursday, May 22, NH Nonprofit Sector Day! NH nonprofits ensure quality of life for NH residents. #nhnpday
Show your support for Good Beginnings today - make a donation or call 603-298-9524 to sign up as a volunteer!
- 5/2/14 -
Car Seat Recycling Event, Saturday 5/17 from 10-1, Location: DHMC, Parking Lot 20, Sponsored by the DHMC Women's Health Resource Center, NH CPS Program Injury Prevention Center/CHAD.
For more information, call the WHRC at 603-650-2600 or visit the website.
- 4/21/14 -
FREE CLASS - The Finances of a New Family, Tuesday 4/29 from 7-8:30 at the Women's Resource Center. Space is limited, so please pre-register by calling (603) 650-2600. Click here for more information.
- 4/13/14 -
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. Here are some resources to help us keep children healthy, happy and safe:
- 4/4/14 -
La Leche League of the Upper Valley Breastfeeding Support Group, April 8, 2014, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, Women's Health Resource Center. If you are breastfeeding or considering it in the future, come meet and talk with other breastfeeding mothers for support and instruction. For more information call 603-643-1451. Click here for a complete list of classes offered by the Women's Health Resource Center.
- 3/28/14 -
Free Public Lecture: April 3, 2014, 8:00-9:30 PM, "Lost In Connection" with Catherine Steiner-Adair, EdD, Filene Auditorium, Moore Hall, Dartmouth College. Catherine Steiner-Adair is an internationally recognized clinical psychologist, school consultant, and author of The Big Disconnect: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age. She will speak about the intrusion of the Internet and social media into family life.
- 3/12/14 -
FREE MEDICAL CARE! The Good Neighbor Health Clinic is a non-profit free health care facility established in 1992 to offer free primary medical and dental care to the people of the Upper Valley who are in need and lack the resources to obtain adequate care. They can help you find an insurance plan that is right for you and your family. Visit this Saturday, March 15 between 9 am-1 pm. Call to make your free appointment: 802-295-1868 (walk-ins as available). Located at 70 N. Main Street in White River Jct., VT. Click here for more information.
- 3/3/14 -
29th Annual MacNamee Memorial Professional Conference Presents: Catherine Steiner-Adair, EdD, "THE BIG DISCONNECT: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age" on April 4, 2014 at The Fireside Inn, West Lebanon, NH. Click here for further information and to register.
- 2/10/14 -
"Parenting On Track" - Vicki Hoefle, who delivered our Fall Lecture in 2012, is returning to the Upper Valley to run a six week class for parents from March 6-April 10. If you're interested - register early (this class will fill up quickly)! Click here for more information or to register. If you missed the lecture you can view it here.
- 12/21/13 -
Reminder: Our fall lecture with Kim John Payne discussing 'Simplicity Parenting' was a great success, and there was a lot of excitement generated by the talk. For those that missed it, or that want to share it with family and friends, the digital recording of the talk is available online through January 6, and can be viewed here.
- 11/13/13 -
Nuance Gallery at 85 Main Street in Windsor, VT is having an opening reception for a new show: “Good Beginnings: Group Holiday Exhibition” on Saturday, November 16th from 4-6 pm. A portion of the proceeds from this exhibition will be donated to Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley. The show runs through December 24th!
- 11/8/13 - The Fall Lecture with Kim John Payne was a huge success! If you missed it, or would like to see it again, you can view the video online.
- 11/5/13 - We have reached full capacity for the 7th Annual Dorothy Campion-Corcoran Lecture on November 7 and we are no longer taking names for the waiting list. However, the lecture will be recorded and available for viewing through a link on the Good Beginnings' website for 60 days following the lecture. If you have pre-registered for the lecture and cannot attend, please send an email to email@example.com so those on the wait list may attend.
- 11/1/13 - Update on the 7th Annual Dorothy Campion-Corcoran Lecture, Simplicity Parenting, presented by Kim John Payne, MEd. on November 7. Please be advised that seating for this event has reached full capacity. However we are starting a waiting list. If you wish to be added to the waiting list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your full name, telephone number, how you heard about the event, and the number of people in your party. You will be contacted if there is a change in registration status.
Otherwise, the lecture will be recorded and available for viewing through a link on the Good Beginnings' website for 60 days following the lecture.
- 10/28/13 - Update on the 7th Annual Dorothy Campion-Corcoran Lecture, Simplicity Parenting, presented by Kim John Payne, MEd. on November 7. Please be advised that seating for this event is near full capacity, and we are taking pre-registration on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you wish to pre-register, please send an email to email@example.com, and include your full name, telephone number, how you heard about the event, and the number of people in your party. Click here for more information.
- 8/28/13 - Registration is now open for the Good Beginnings fall lecture! November 7th at 6:30 pm - John Payne will speak on "Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less To Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids". Register here.
- 8/20/13 - SAVE THE DATE! Join us for a FREE lecture this fall featuring Kim John Payne who will speak on "Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less
To Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids".
Mark your calenders for November 7th at 6:30pm! Learn more.
- 7/2/13 - ZERO TO THREE, in partnership with more than a dozen national organizations, is hosting a virtual baby rally, Rally4Babies: Learning Happens from the Start on July 8th from 2-2:30. The event is designed to spark a national conversation on ensuring that high-quality early learning opportunities for babies remains a priority. For more information visit: rally4babies.org/virtual-rally/.
- 4/30/13 - Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley is now on Pinterest!